google-site-verification: googlee1918c0dd63ed212.html

Saturday 20 October 2012

Armani luminous Silk Foundation

When I first heard about this foundation.... I was sooo excited, being the foundation junky that I am I just had to have it! This foundation is marketed as the lightest foundation on the market, and is promised by the folks at Armani to give you an incredibly silky smooth "glowy finish". So having heard this, I was expecting great things from this foundation. I mean come on its Armani! I thought that it must be better than Chanel and all the other greats.

Ok so now for my honest review of this foundation... I found it to be comparable to Chanel vita lumiere. Although I have clear skin (touch wood), it hasn't always been this way, I have some acne scarring so I prefer extra coverage. 

The coverage on this foundation is very sheer, and it does give you that "glowy" youthful look. If you naturally do have really good skin and want a really light weight foundation which doesn't feel heavy and can be worn everyday then this will definitely be for you. This foundation will give you s natural looking flawless look.

I think because it is so sheer, it would need touch ups through out the day with powder if you wanted the look to stay flawless. A good primer would also help the foundation to last longer. I also have really oily skin and my skin did not grease up. For dry skin, I think that this foundation could be good as it is very hydrating.

This foundation retails at £34 and I picked it up at Selfridges, so it is one of more high end foundations on the market (my colour is no7, see swatch below). Overall I think it is a very good foundation, and if I did wear foundation to work it would be great. I would reach for this kind of foundation if I was going out casually. My personal preference is to wear a more natural look on day to day basis and a fuller foundation on special events (for the extra coverage). For those that crave a natural low coverage look, you will love this!

Disclaimer: I bought this product with my own money, so this review reflects my true opinion :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment