google-site-verification: googlee1918c0dd63ed212.html

Monday 22 October 2012

Battle of the hair oils... let the showdown begin

Good evening ladies, my next review is on Moroccan oil and Almond oil :-)

Moroccon oil

So we have all been there, over styling our hair, colouring and using really drying shampoo and then no amount of conditioner seems to help.. In fact it makes it feel so much worse. When ever I've been to the hair dresser I've been on the hunt for a kind of serum to smooth and soften my "in need of much TLC" tresses. So basically the kind of product i was looking for didn't really exist. They all make my hair kind of greasy and also weighed it down. So other than the good old desi leave in over night oil treatments, nothing really worked. I couldn't really use Amla oil in my hair after I had washed and dried it..because that would just be gross right?

So when I found Moroccan oil I can honestly say that this product worked wonders for my hair. You only need a tiny amount, and you smooth it over the ends of your hair either when it's wet or dry and it soaks right in. It doesn't make your hair greasy in the slightest and gives it an amazing healthy looking shine. I actually use this this as a leave I conditioner instead of conditioner.

Now this product is expensive and I initially bought a cheaper boots alternative and it just wasn't the same. So if you feel like this is what your hair needs, pick up the original product. . I'm not sure if it actually contains Aragon oil like you would expect it to but instead it's a silicone based product. I bought this from a small boutique, and the price of the product varies in terms of size of the bottle. The smallest bottle costs £12 and the biggest costs £30.. I got the big bottle. In terms of packaging the bottle comes with a screw cap, but it also comes with an optional pump for free to help you to dispense product. The down side to this product other than the price for me is the smell as it is perfumed and I find it slightly over powering but I know that other people love it.. maybe I'm just over sensitive when it comes to perfume

I would recommend this product but if you're not sure then just buy the small bottle to start with and it does last so long.

Almond oil: 

One of the very best hair treatments you can give you're hair is a deep conditioning treatment of either almond oil or black seed oil (kalonji). This is because these kinds of oils are 100% NATURAL!

Giving your hair a deep conditioning treatment over night once a week/once every two weeks will considerably improve the condition of your hair.  If you have been colouring and frying your hair like crazy, this will add the shine back into you're hair and give it  loving care it deserves. If we want our hair to look good, we have to treat it well right? Just don't forget to wash it out in the morning... with LOTS of shampoo (lather rinse repeat etc)

 I usually mix in essential oils too, such as a few drops of pepper mint oil to invigorate the scalp. The best thing about Almond oil is that is is uber cheap, £3 at you're local Pakistani/Indian store or £6 at Holland and Barrat.

The remedies our ancestors used still work so well. Let me know you're thoughts. Disclaimer: I bought these products with my own money so it is reflective of my true opinions xxxx


2 comments:

  1. I have really been wanting to try that hair oil!! Great post! :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product. My hair havenever been so glossy and shiny and smelled so great.


    By
    Marisha Wick
    Jamaican Black Castor

    ReplyDelete