google-site-verification: googlee1918c0dd63ed212.html

Friday 19 October 2012

Nars sheer glow foundation

Despite being really happy with my Chanel pro lumier foundation, when this bottle came to a finish I was on the hunt for a different foundation. The reasons for this were a) Chanel were discontinuing this foundation and b) I just wanted more coverage from my foundation but still give that dewy youthful glow..


After reading many beauty blogs I decided to go ahead and try the much raved about Nars sheer glow foundation. When I tried it I loved the coverage. I would say that it's a full coverage foundation without the cakey look that you get with other full coverage foundations such as MAC studio fix.

In terms of glow I wouldn't say that it has much of a glow but you still get a radiant look as it is not a matt finish.

I have oily skin so it suited my skin really well, however when I tried this on my sister in law who has dry skin it seemed to accentuate the dry patches. So if you have dry skin you would need to heavily moisturise and also use a hydrating primer.

My colour is stomboli or barelona. In the end I went with Stromboli (see swatch below). Originally when I was colour matched by the beauty consultant I felt that I was colour matched far too dark (two shades too dark so had to return it). What I would advise is that you look at how you would like to see your own face as the beauty consultants do get it wrong sometimes. Do go to the store and colour match yourself because the colours can look so different online.

So the foundation retails at £28, which is considerably cheaper than Chanel or Armani. Although it is still on the pricey side, I think it's totally worth the money as your foundation is the base of your make up and if you get it wrong your whole face can look wrong! I picked it up at Selfridges in Oxford street, but you can also get it at House of Fraser and most big city John Lewis department stores.

The bad thing about this product is that it doesn't have a pump and sometimes the product can bleed down the neck of the bottle which can obviously waste expensive product. Nars have since bought out a pump which you can buy for an extra £2.50 (or something like that!?) which solves this problem. Overall I love this foundation and would recommend it.

Disclaimer: I bought this product and pump with my own money, so this review reflects my true opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment